We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer
As an « early joiner », you will be part of the management team, responsible for defining, implementing and managing our technical platform.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be knowledgeable about current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
Your responsibilities as our CTO
- build, manage and validate StarTalers’ Tech Roadmap, including the choice of technology blocks to be used, of certain platform/tech over others.
- transcribe StarTalers’ vision and mission into real, stable and scalable solutions. Keep in mind our products will be certified by the financial authorities.
- build and maintain our innovation roadmap with the management and the team, following the best development practices, to deliver value for our customers in an agile way.
- design the products features, its architecture, and supervising its implementation while pragmatically managing resources.
- communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Your peers would say
- You’re insatiably curious. You get into the latest shifts in technology and newest trends in design.
- You’re thick skinned. Courageously open your projects to scrutiny and feedback daily
- You use both sides of your brain. You consider problems with analysis and solve them with creativity.
- You’re flexible and adaptable. You know priorities change and you’re ready to pivot.
- You’re a great communicator. You know how to present your work and tailor the delivery to your audience, whether a crowd or one on one.
- And last but not least, you adhere to StarTalers’s values, namely
- We value diversity in all its forms
- We leave it better than we found it
- We speak up, disagree and commit
- We’re hard on the problem, soft on the people
- We think big but start small
- We break things – and rules
- We underpromise and overdeliver
- We get sh#&! done
- Master degree from a university: Engineer (e.g. computer science, applied math or electric engineering), mathematician, physicist, etc.
- Experience of working with Agile or Kanban methodology and testing methodology (unit, integration and functional testing)
- Experience in DevOps: you have already followed, designed and / or executed the implementation of a scalable software architecture in the cloud (e.g. in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Experience in managing web application through AWS is a strong plus.
- A proven experience in IT Project Management and / or product management. Experience in managing outsourced or remote resources would be a plus.
- A real interest in web technologies, UX and web design (experience with a mock-up / designing tool like Sketch or Adobe XD would be a strong plus).
- Available portfolio of projects and / or code-base (even side project / closed-source) required.
- Experiences in Angular, React or Python are a plus.
- Interest in finance and marketing are a plus.
- Fluent in English (written + oral). French is a plus.
Sound like something for you? Shoot me an email at email@example.com with a quick note about yourself and why you’re interested in StarTalers. Send a link to any projects you’d like to show off 😉